APHES Summer Course
Assessing Public Health in Emergency Situations Belgium, 3-14 July 2017
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
The Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disaster will offer the APHES Course in English.
Venue: Université catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Dates: 03-14 July 2017
Organizer: The Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disaster
Deadline for submission of applications: May 31, 2017
Provide health professionals with the public health knowledge and epidemiological tools to assess the health impacts of disasters and conflicts on affected communities.
HOW THE COURSE WILL BE RUN
Face-to-face classes will be given by international experts with extensive experience in humanitarian settings. These will be complemented by exercise sessions where the concepts taught will be put into practice.
Case-studies will be presented and simulation exercise will be held under the supervision and guidance of international experts. This will allow the students to put the knowledge acquired during the theoretical classes into practice.
Evaluation will be based on a written exam. A university certificate will be awarded to students who successfully complete the course.
This course is open middle career professionals with some experience in the humanitarian and emergency management sectors. Training and experience in public health, medicine, emergency response or related topics are required.
We strive to have a diversified group of participants, balancing gender, organizational and geographical representation. Participant selection is based on the candidate’s profiles, examined through the application form and based on the requirement mentioned above.
- Dates : 3 July to 14 July 2017
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Participation fees: 1750 Euros
- Course registration fee covers coursework, printed materials, coffee breaks and lunches
- If staying off campus, transportation both to-and-from the course venue is not included in the fees and must be arranged by the individual participant
- Participant fee must be deposited and received by Centre for Research on Epidemiology of Disasters by June 15, 2017; otherwise, participation will be cancelled.
- Reimbursement will not be made on cancellation after June 22, 2017.
- Language of the course: English. Fluency in English is required.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Please complete the application form on the website www.aphes.be or contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2017.
ALL APPLICANTS will be informed about the decision by June 6, 2017.
Note: more information on the course, along with the application form, is available in the official APHES Summer course website: